More than $78 million granted since 2000 to over 50 organizations.
$4.0 million a year to offset Highland Park Hospital’s costs of uncompensated care and other clinical programs.
$2.5 million a year to dozens of deserving organizations to provide other healthcare services to adults and children living in Chicago’s northern suburbs all the way up to the Wisconsin border.
Those are the impressive numbers behind The Healthcare Foundation of Highland Park, an independent charitable foundation that funds healthcare programs and services in the geographic area served by NorthShore Highland Park Hospital.
But the numbers are not the real story. The real story is how our grants are used to improve the health of the disadvantaged in our community. Here are just a few examples of the services these grants provide:
- Acute and non-acute medical care through NorthShore Highland Park Hospital
- Health screenings and health education
- Mental healthcare services
- Healthcare services for adults with special needs
- Healthcare services and therapy for children with autism and other disabilities
- Healthcare services and counseling for victims of sexual assault, abuse and rape
Of course, this is just a partial list of the valuable services we support. We are interested in working with any charitable organization that can improve the health of our community. If you are interested, we encourage you to submit a letter of intent. There is additional information on how to apply for a grant on the Procedures page. If you have received a grant in the past, please submit an application for the current year.